Quality Child Care for Children of All Abilities
Choosing quality child care is one of the most important decisions you will make for your child.
To enroll your child in one of Easter Seals North Georgia five (5) Child Development Centers, you may visit any center location, or print and fill out the online enrollment form and return it to the center of your choice.
Click here to print the online enrollment form.
Note: The application is in PDF format and can be opened using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded at: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
Easter Seals is committed to:
Encouraging the equality, dignity, and independence of all children.
Promoting adult-child interactions with low child to staff ratios, and qualified, well trained staff members.
Providing a high quality inclusive child care program that promotes each child's individual growth and development.
Utilizing a team approach to your child's growth and development, believing that the parent is the child's primary teacher. Together, we work in a partnership for your child.
Developmentally appropriate curriculum based on NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) guidelines, Creative Curriculum and High Scope.
Celebrating cultural diversity through music, dance, books, clothing, food and language.
Learning as an interactive process with emphasis on socialization, self esteem, emotional, physical and cognitive growth.
Easter Seals suggests using the following check list to be sure you have chosen a provider that offers safe, nurturing and quality care.
Policies & Procedures
- Is the center licensed or registered with the local government? Is the center accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children? If so, ask to see a copy of the latest report.
- What is the center's licensed capacity and how many children are assigned to each staff person?
- Can you visit the center during operating hours before registering your child?
- Is there an "open door" policy? Once your child is registered, can you visit at any time?
- Is the center bright and well ventilated and is the equipment clean and safe?
- Is there enough indoor space for the number of children present?
- Does each child have his/her own cot, crib or mat to sleep on?
- Is there a diaper changing area and sink within caregiver's reach?
- Is there an outdoor play area? Is it free from hazards?
- Is there a written daily schedule?
- Are there lesson plans, which include developmentally appropriate activities using age appropriate toys and learning materials?
- Are early learning and communication skill development, hands-on-activities, circle time, music and art all incorporated into the daily plan?
- Does the program include a formal assessment process, which addresses your child's social-emotional, cognitive communication and fine/gross motor skill development?
- Does the Program offer the opportunity for you to partner with the caregiver in determining specific goals and objectives for your child?
- Are children given choices about participating in activities and allowed time for individual play?
- Are there appropriate toys and materials offering a variety of play experience?
- Is the caregiver warm and friendly, attentive and responsive to the children?
- Does the caregiver seem to enjoy the children and do the children appear happy?
- Does the caregiver have yearly training in child related development topics?
- Does the caregiver have training and experience in first aid and CPR training?
- Does the center Director have training and experience in the field of early childhood development?
- Does the center offer parenting classes and other family support?
For more information about Easter Seals Child Development Centers, contact us.